A drunk driver slams your car from behind. Your motorcycle is run off the road by an aggressive driver. A railing breaks on a restaurant balcony. A doctor leaves a surgical tool in your body. We call these horrific events “accidents,” but we really shouldn’t. An accident is something that happens unintentionally or by chance. A true “accident” is unfortunate but out of everyone’s control. When a person, several people, or a corporation act negligently, recklessly, or carelessly and you are injured or a loved one is killed as a result, that is no accident. However, in personal injury law, we use the term accident to refer to a whole range of incidents that can necessitate an insurance claim or lawsuit for damages.
At Pracht Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have been injured by the negligence of another party and have suffered substantial losses because of it. You can count on us to hold the liable party responsible for compensating you so that you can get back to the life you had before the accident.
Types of Accidents Claims We Have Successfully Fought in South Carolina
Regardless of how your injuries occurred, if another party is responsible, we can help you make them pay. We have fought for clients across the state who have been seriously injured in:
- Car crashes. Whether you were a pedestrian or bicyclist, or you were in another car, if a drunk, distracted, speeding, or reckless driver caused your injuries, you can hold them responsible for compensating you for your losses.
- Commercial semi-truck collisions. Truck drivers often take risks such as driving while fatigued, multi-tasking behind the wheel, and driving a vehicle that has failed an inspection. If the truck driver’s or trucking company’s negligence caused the accident that left you injured, they can be held liable.
- Motorcycle crashes. A driver’s ignorance of a motorcyclist’s rights is no excuse for causing an accident that leaves a biker injured. We represent motorcycle riders with catastrophic injuries.
- Medical mistakes. Medical malpractice is not easy to prove, but our experienced team will fight to hold doctors, nurses, and hospitals accountable if they failed in their oath to do no harm.
- Slip and falls. Property owners have a legal responsibility to keep their premises safe for visitors. If you slip on a slick floor, trip over an unsecured wire, fall down broken stairs, or trip on a dangerous sidewalk, you might have a premises liability claim against the owner.
- Negligent security. Apartment buildings, parking lots, and stairwells that are poorly lit invite violent crime. If you were assaulted in an area that could have been safer, the property owner might be liable.
- Nursing home abuse. Nursing home residents who are neglected or abused by staff can file a claim for damages to recover some of what they have lost in medical expenses and dignity.
- Fatal accident. We have a history of filing successful wrongful death claims on behalf of grieving families in South Carolina and even on behalf of visitors to our state.
We don’t believe any of these incidents are truly accidental, and we will fight to prove it so that you can get the compensation you deserve after a significant loss.
What You Could Be Owed After an Accident
The idea of a personal injury or wrongful death claim is for the negligent party to “make the victim whole” after they have suffered. While it is not always possible to return to the state you were in before the accident turned your life upside down, we will fight for compensation to cover:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing treatment or therapy
- Alterations to a home or vehicle following a permanent disability
- Lost wages
- Lost paid time off
- Loss of earning capacity
- Disfigurement or dismemberment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
We have a wealth of resources at our disposal to determine the full value of your claim, and we will fight to get you maximum compensation to cover all of your losses.
Trust Our Personal Injury Attorneys to Fight for You!
With unmatched experience in personal injury and wrongful death law and a culture that focuses on providing responsive, compassionate service to our clients, Pracht Injury Lawyers is here for you. Our mission is to use our hearts and our heads to help our clients whose lives have been forever changed by serious accidents. Reach out to our team as soon as you can after you have been in an accident that was not your fault. We will answer all of your questions and be candid about your options. You have suffered in uncertainty long enough. Get the answers you need now.