The injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, surgical mishap, or illegal police action could forever change the course of your life. These kinds of incidents can cause permanent disability, chronic pain, and loss of mobility that affects your daily activities. When the accident was not your fault, you should not have to bear this burden without financial compensation. Our team of skilled personal injury lawyers will fight to get you what you need from the negligent party to recover as fully as possible. We are proud to protect vulnerable people from the tight-fisted insurance companies that will fight to deny valid claims in Charleston, Columbia, and Anderson, South Carolina.
Serious Injuries Demand Serious Representation
There is almost no end to the number of ways you could be injured by a careless, negligent, or lawbreaking party. Some of the types of injuries and fatalities we have successfully won compensation for include:
- Spinal cord & paralysis injuries. When the spinal cord is damaged in a collision or fall, the victim could be partially or totally paralyzed. This kind of injury requires life-long rehabilitation, therapy, and care and can cost millions of dollars.
- Traumatic brain injuries. An impact to the head, jolting of the body, or oxygen deprivation can cause permanent brain damage that affects cognitive and motor abilities for the rest of the victim’s life.
- Broken bones. A compound leg or arm fracture, broken pelvis, crushed vertebrae, or another serious bone break can require surgery and ongoing physical therapy to heal. Broken bones are common in motor vehicle crashes, falls, and assaults.
- Back & neck injuries. Chronic and debilitating pain can be the result of a back or neck injury. Car crashes, falls, and assaults can cause strained tendons and ligaments and even broken vertebrae that can require months of rehabilitation.
- Medical malpractice. Healthcare providers’ mistakes and misdiagnoses can lead to a range of injuries, including infections, oxygen deprivation, cancer progression, bedsores, unnecessary surgery, and more. Holding a medical provider responsible is not easy, but we are here for you.
- Premises liability injuries. When a property owner’s negligence leads to your serious injuries, you can hold them responsible for your medical bills and lost wages. Slip and fall accidents, criminal assaults, dog bites, fires, and other accidents caused by dangerous conditions can leave the victim with costly medical bills.
- Drowning injuries & deaths. An unsecured pool or distracted lifeguard could lead to a tragic drowning incident. Drownings that are not fatal can lead to respiratory impairment and brain damage, but most drownings are fatal. We can help you determine if you have cause for a wrongful death lawsuit after a tragic drowning.
- Police misconduct injuries. If a police officer violates your rights during a traffic stop or arrest and you are seriously injured as a result, the officer can be held accountable for your injuries in a civil suit. We are not afraid to take on law enforcement.
- Police chase injuries. A car crash caused by a police chase that leaves innocent victims injured or worse should not go unpunished. We will investigate your police chase crash to hold the responsible party accountable for your losses.
- Defective highway injuries. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a crash on the highway that was caused by road construction, potholes, poor signage, debris, or other defects, the highway authority or municipality can be held liable for your medical bills and pain and suffering.
This list is just a sample of the kinds of injury cases we have successfully resolved for our clients. Regardless of how it happened, if another person’s negligence caused your injuries, call us to find out how we can help.
Our Team Leaves No Stone Unturned
With unmatched experience in personal injury law and a culture that focuses on providing responsive, compassionate service to our clients, Pracht Injury Lawyers is here for you. Our mission is to use our hearts and our heads to help our clients pursue all of the compensation to which they are entitled. Reach out to our team as soon as you can. We will answer all of your questions and be candid about your options. You have suffered in uncertainty long enough. Get the answers you need now.