Your life changed in an instant. The moment your spinal cord was damaged in an accident, your future was put on hold. Accepting that fact takes time—and you deserve all the time you need to come to terms with the road that lies ahead of you. But the longer you wait to contact a personal injury lawyer, the harder it could be to recover the compensation you are entitled to. We take a look at the benefits of calling a lawyer right away.
Your Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Will Be Your Voice
Spinal cord injuries are high-value claims that no one wants to have to pay for—not you, not your health insurance provider, and certainly not the insurance company for the negligent party who caused your accident. When you have a lawyer representing you from day one, you can rest assured that you will have someone fighting for you while you get the medical care you need. As your personal injury lawyer, we will:
- Identify the liable parties. If the accident that left you injured was not your fault, then somebody else should compensate you for your losses. Whether it was a vehicle crash, a swimming pool accident, a doctor’s or hospital’s mistake, or a fall in a store or restaurant, our team will investigate what happened to find out who was responsible. The sooner we can get started on an investigation, the more likely it is that we will be able to collect vital evidence.
- Take on the insurance companies. You or a family member will probably be contacted by insurance companies starting the day after your accident. Their goal is to figure out a way to get out of covering your care—or minimizing what they owe. Whether it is your own health or auto insurer or an adjuster representing the at-fault party, we know how to handle them, and we want to be the first people they talk to about your accident. If we are on board right away, we can do that.
- Determine the lifetime cost of your care. Spinal cord injuries often result in partial or complete paralysis. After an accident, it takes time to understand the full extent of your injuries. When an accident settlement is reached quickly without thinking about the years of treatment, personal care, equipment, and lost wages ahead of the victim, they might not get full compensation for all of their needs. Our lawyers will never accept less than what you need to make up for your losses—to the extent that that is possible after a devastating accident.
- Comply with the South Carolina statute of limitations. After an accident, the victim generally has three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If it is a case of medical malpractice or if the victim is under the age of 18, you might be allowed more time. However, it is never advisable to wait to file a claim. Hiring an attorney right away will ensure that you don’t miss any deadlines.
Pracht Injury Lawyers offers free initial consultations, and if you hire us to represent you in your spinal cord injury claim, you will not owe us a dime until and unless we resolve your claim in your favor. This means that you have nothing to lose by calling us as soon as possible after an accident.
Who Might Be Liable in a Spinal Cord Injury Accident?
There are a number of ways to suffer a spinal cord injury, and depending on whose negligence caused the accident, there are a number of parties who might be liable. Possibilities include:
- Negligent drivers, including commercial truckers
- Owners of dangerous premises, including pools, amusement parks, and retail stores
- Doctors, hospitals, or healthcare staff
- Nursing homes
- Employers on construction sites
In other words, anyone whose action—or inaction—caused your accident can be held accountable.
Contact Pracht Injury Lawyers Today
Reach out to our team as soon as you can after the accident by filling out our contact page or calling us at 864-712-7317. With offices in Anderson and Greenville, we serve the whole state of South Carolina. We will answer all of your questions and be candid about your options. You have suffered in uncertainty long enough. We will not leave you in the dark!